Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Sunday

My last post was so depressing...  Things have gotten better with BFFD.  We are both having struggles with depression and it's hard when we are BOTH having struggles at the same time.  It's getting better though and our friendship remains unscathed.

In order to help prepare myself financially for single motherhood, I have decided to start selling 31 products.  It's a Christian based company and they really focus on women.  I have used their products for a few years now and it's a product I can really get excited about!  I've never sold anything before, but these bags really sell themselves for the most part.

I had a kick-off open house this afternoon and it went great!  I had several friends stop by and place orders.  I think I've got 2 people willing to book parties that were today too!  I really hope the business takes off and allows me to make some extra cash to be able to do some "extras" with the kids.

I have been going to some real estate open houses the past few weekends.  I figure it can't hurt to see what I realistically expect to get within my price range.  I've seen some really nasty places as well as some really great places.  It gives me a lot of hope that there are some houses out there that I could see myself living in, in the not-to-distant future.  Yesterday, I went to one in the same school district area where I teach.  It's in my price range and was immaculate!  If I was in the position to do so, I would have made an offer on it yesterday!  It's priced really well and the school area is a highly desirable area of town, so I am guessing the house won't last long on the market.  I will have a hard time when someone else buys it.  It's really a perfect house for me and the kids.  Bedrooms for each, plus an extra bedroom for guests/crafting room, plus another extra bedroom for a playroom!  It has a family room and a living room and two full bathrooms.  Very clean and well maintained.  I'll be keeping my eye on it...  It helps to motivate me to get things packed up around here and have it ready for  showings.  I've moved up my time line and if we can manage to get it listed in early March, get a quick and reasonable offer...maybe it'll still be available?

Just hoping and praying our house will go quickly...

No comments:

Post a Comment